We are a proud member of the Kalypso Media Group. Our team of 25 developers creates award-winning games for an international market across all platforms, focusing on PC and video consoles.
Skilltree Studios is a home for passionate gamers bringing together a mix of dedicated young talents and industry veterans.
We are a proud member of the Kalypso Media Group which is globally known as one of the leading publishers of strategy and simulation games for PC, Mac, Linux and consoles.
The Studio was founded as Noumena Studios in 2010. Our first title the action-RPG „The Dark Eye – Demonicon“ had the popular pen and paper license behind it and was released in 2013 and awarded the “Deutscher Entwicklerpreis” (German Game Developer Award) for best role-playing game in 2014.
With the change of our name in 2014 we wanted to express our flexibility to satisfy different game genres resulting in Skilltree Studios working on the tactical strategy game “Crookz – the Big Heist” released in August 2015.
Currently we are working on an unannounced multi-platform title.
Our Track Record
Crookz – The Big Heist
It’s the 1970’s: the era of Funk, flared jeans and disco-fueled Saturday nights. A crack team of expert thieves turn Grand Larceny into an art-form by using their many talents to break into the richest homes and steal the finest jewelry – all to finance their hedonistic lifestyles. That is until a lucrative museum heist in Venice involving a famous jewel known as ‘The Green Tiger’ ends in betrayal and the team broken apart. Five years later the remaining gang members reunite with a plot for revenge against their traitorous former comrade – but naturally, their plan will also make them rich beyond their wildest dreams…
Crookz is a tactical strategy game set in the funky 1970’s with a slick and groovy atmosphere. Show off the art of thieving by plotting stylish heists and robberies; utilizing espionage and quick-thinking to avoid detection. Implement a successful strategy by assembling and kitting out your team before the job and planning the best way in.
- Diverse and thrilling Single player campaign
- 18 extensive missions set in a colorful and stylish 70’s setting
- Customize your gang of thieves choosing from a variety playable characters. The powerful bruiser makes a good hatchet man, while the lockpicker is responsible for the finishing touches.
- Kit out your team with all manner of elaborate tools: like camera jammers, chloroform or explosive charges
- Challenge Mode: Beat your friends and reach the top of the leaderboard
- Unique gameplay mixes quick thinking with in-depth strategy
Job Offers We are currently looking for candidates:
Lead Level Designer
We are looking for a Lead Level Designer to help us craft an exciting and challenging gameplay experience.
- Manage the Level Design team on a professional and disciplinary level.
- Mentor the Level Design staff and act as a role-model emphasizing project goals and maintaining core focus ensuring a timely project completion.
- Ensure that the level design team produces quality content observing the goals set out in the product vision.
- Work closely with the design team to ensure the design goals are represented in the level creation process.
- Continuously evaluate the Level Design Process and toolchain identifying areas for improvement.
- Able to use a wide variety of tools to quickly prototype and deliver early mission designs and examples of environments.
- Uphold constant communication with the Tools Team to ensure Level Design has a powerful and stable toolset throughout production.
Skills & Experience
- Several years of experience as a lead or senior level designer.
- Experience using Unreal Engine Technology.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional documentation experience of Level Design issues.
We are always looking for good candiates. Don’t hesitate to send us your application. Send your CV, portfolio or other samples to:
Senior Graphics Programmer
Our Code team is looking for a Senior Graphics Programmer to facilitate the visual quality of our games. Working closely with our art department, this role is also responsible to maintain a good performance on lower end devices, improve workflows and define budgets for the rendering pipeline.
- Development and support of graphics technologies in cooperation with other departments
- Develop improvements and extensions to the existing rendering technology
- Propose and evaluate middleware to extent the available technology and features
- Performance optimization, including the collaboration with our art department to enhance the graphical quality and performance of our game
- Define together with the Technical Director budgets and restrictions for the art assets
- Write and maintain software design documents including technical documentation
- Bachelor degree in computer science or similar field
- 3 or more years of professional game or similar programming experience
- Credited in at least two released titles as graphics programmer or similar role
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills, with good knowledge of object oriented development
- Proven track record of work with current rendering APIs (e.g. D3D 11/12, OpenGL) and algorithms
- Experience with low level optimization and analyzing bottlenecks (GPU/CPU)
- Good English communication skills
- Ability to write and identify clean, easy-to-maintain and well documented code
- Experience using Unreal Engine Technology
- Experience in console development for Xbox One, Playstation 4 or their predecessors
- Knowledge of console platform submission requirements (TRCs, XRs, etc)
We are always looking for good candiates. Don’t hesitate to send us your speculative application!